Tuesday 26 May 2015

Ahh, Romance

Hollow City: The second novel of Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

I was too dazed to follow her right away, because there was something new happening, a wheel inside my heart I’d never noticed before, and it was spinning so fast it made me dizzy.  And the farther away she got the faster it spun, like there was an invisible cord unreeling from it that stretched between us, and if she went too far it would snap—and kill me.
            I wondered if this strange, sweet pain was love.

Sherlock, Season 3 Episode 3 “His Last Vow”

            The problems of your past are your business.  The problems of your future… are my privilege.
           

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

"As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once."
            


Oscar Wilde

"Never love someone who treats you like you're ordinary."

"You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear."*

Is it sad that while I'm a confirmed hopeless romantic, I also think romance doesn't apply to me? Maybe that's why I read fiction.

*Misquoted often as from Oscar Wilde but most likely not; still a sweet sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment