We have had more volunteers from the military come out, Home Depot has donated paint and is helping with the carpet, we have painted 1/2 of the library building, have re-located several hundred pounds of books and shelves to a temporary location in the classroom and held a Flea Market to help raise funds to cover the rest of the renovation costs.
Whew, it's been a long couple of weeks. I would like to share the blessings the Lord has provided for us on this project so far:
- Safety: there have been no injuries worse than a few bruises. Considering the amount of heavy lifting we are doing and the awkwardness of the shelving, this is huge blessing!
- Donations: we have had so many people donating quality items for the Flea Market, it's almost like sorting through the store rack!
- Volunteers: PIU personnel, students (some for work study but many more just for support), military, church members.
- Attitude: the attitude of the volunteers has made the work days almost seem like a party!
- Provision: we have only had to pay about $300 so far for the entire renovation. Amazing!
- Timing: the project is following a timeline that allows for enough rest in between long, hard days.
- Stress: I have been given a large amount of grace so that, even when I get tired, my stress level stays within tolerable bounds. Which means, my family can still live with me!
Thank you, Lord. Amen!
|Oh, did I forget to mention we were in the Liberation Day Parade?|
|Some of my most faithful helpers!|
|I do actually work and not just order everyone around... sometimes!|
|Sorting or pre-shopping? I think we crossed the line a couple of times but we got all the work done, fellowshipped, and got good deals all at the same time! Now that's multi-tasking.|
|And this was just the stuff on the court, the rest of the clothes were in a classroom!|
|Now, this is ingenuity! Did you know that books are heavy?|