Tuesday 21 March 2017

Dr. Seuss Day!


We had fun for Dr. Seuss Day this year!

I wanted to have a fun carnival-style party for the kids to celebrate one of the most influential authors of early literacy.  (For more information on Theodor Geisel, click here)

Can you guess who I dressed up as?


I read a book and I had a guest reader (special guest and regular storytime reader... my awesome sister!).  I read Green Eggs and Ham and Jill read Fox in Socks.

Thanks, Jill, for reading!!! (Fox in Socks is her specialty--those tongue twisters don't phase her)

Green Eggs and Ham!

The view through the truffula trees!

Yummy snacks! Truffula seeds, and Lorax oranges, just off to the side are the "1 Fish, 2 Fish Goldfish" and the Hop on Pop-corn!

Can't be thirsty if you have Pink Yink Ink Drink, right?

My staff got into, it too!

Oobleck... some kids loved it and some were hesitant.

Cat in the Hat Stack!

Oh, the Places You'll Go Suitcase Journal (made from a lunch bag!)

We had a very good time and are looking forward to next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment