Friday 19 June 2015

Chocolate peanut butter cookies

I am a big fan of peanut butter.  I also like chocolate (dark chocolate is my favorite).  And Reese's peanut butter cups are one of my favorite candies along with Reece's Pieces.  So, when I had a craving for cookies and I wasn't sure if I wanted chocolate or peanut butter, I decided I didn't have to choose and did both!

I took two basic recipes, made them separately and just put them together to bake.  Voila, easy chocolate peanut butter cookies! The two recipes are Chocolate Crinkles and classic Peanut Butter Cookies.

Now, as you can see from the pictures, I am not a consummate food/recipe blogger but you get the picture.  I am also not much of a perfectionist when it comes to my baked goods--they taste just as good funny-looking as not.

I offer pictures of this process, only to encourage those who may be hesitant to try something new not as an example of awesome process blogging.  You don't need to have a "Pinterest-worthy" final product to explore your own creativity and have a good time!

This is where I patted the outer layer of chocolate into vague rectangles.  I had to make them wide enough to wrap around the peanut butter dough that was going to go down the center.

After adding the peanut butter log (crazy play-dough fun) and wrapping the chocolate around like a sweet burrito (you can see I didn't do it quite wide enough since it's not completely encased), then I sliced the dough log.

Here they are all done; they spread quite a bit but tasted great!
I encourage you to try something new and have some fun! Make this into a family project and enjoy the messy process together.



No comments:

Post a Comment